Pump Affinity Law Calculator
Pump Affinity Law Calculator Instructions
The pump affinity law calculator is designed to accept inputs of the current pump specification and a proposed flow rate and use the pump affinity laws to calculate the specification for the proposed system. The calculator can be used to show the large changes in horsepower resulting from small changes in flow rates.
- Flow rate - the volumetric flow rate of the pump in the current condition and a proposed condition. The proposed condition may be higher or lower than the current condition.
- *Pump speed - the current speed of the pump that produces the current flow rate.
- *Pump head - the current static head produced by the pump at the current flow rate.
- *Pump power - the current measured horsepower of the pump at the current flow rate
*denotes optional input
- Pump speed - if a current pump speed is specified, the calculator will calculate the pump speed required to produce the proposed flow rate.
- Pump head - if a current pump head is supplied, the calculator will calculate the pump head required to produce the proposed flow rate.
- Pump power - if a current pump horsepower is supplied, the calculator will calculate the pump horsepower required to produce the proposed flow rate.
Annual Cost Estimator Instructions
The annual cost estimator uses inputs of utility costs and operating hours, in conjunction with the pump horsepower at the two seperate operating points, to estimate the annual cost of operating the pump at the different operating points. Horsepower data from the pump affinity law calculator is required to estimate operational costs.
- Average annual energy rate - the average annual marginal cost of energy per kWh. For a less accurate estimate, you may use an aggregate energy rate.
- Average annual demand rate - the average annual marginal cost of demand per kW. Enter zero (0) if using aggregate energy rate.
- Annual operating hours - the number of hours the pump operates annually.
- Current annual operating cost - the estimated cost of operating the pump in the current condition.
- Annual operating cost of proposed system - the estimated cost of operating the pump in the proposed condition.
Contact the Arkansas Industrial Energy Clearinghouse if you need assistance with this calculator.